JWA pioneered the application of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to healthcare in 1995. Today we build on our lean consulting success in diverse industries such as aerospace manufacturing and software development to drive waste out of healthcare processes. Our focus on lean healthcare has resulted in dramatic operational and clinical quality improvement, healthcare cost reduction, healthcare access, employee and patient safety and physician/staff engagement.
We partner with lean healthcare clients in extraordinary ways. We begin by asking the question, “How can we ensure that your healthcare organization continues to drive out waste long after the lean consultant leaves?” Our work with clients includes:
- Focusing on The Toyota Production System as a model of cultural and technical principles to adapt to the Lean Healthcare System
- Establishing a Lean Management System that creates an engine of healthcare waste reduction
- Certifying Lean Leaders who will ensure that this is a long term, generational effort
- Certifying internal lean consultants in lean healthcare tools including Rapid Process Improvement, 5S for Healthcare, Value Stream Mapping, Daily Management Systems and 3P for Facility Design
- Promoting the use of lean industry partners for each of our lean healthcare clients
- Providing extensive lean healthcare training materials
- Creating the lean infrastructure necessary to promote lean healthcare
- Developing lean champions on the healthcare Board of Directors
JWA Associates are senior career professionals who are Toyota Production System experts with deep understanding of lean healthcare implementation. In addition to their technical knowledge, JWA Associates are skilled strategists, change agents, coaches and developers of internal talent. We are experienced and comfortable working in the Board Room as well as on the front line.
In addition to our lean healthcare consulting services, JWA offers lean training through our Lean Healthcare Seminar Series. This series is offered in Seattle or at your site. See for more information.